Friday, June 26, 2009

I better get my own "Death Day" because I never got my own "birthday"

Okay, so yesterday was a big news day with regard to celebrity death. First, we hear about Farah Fawcett, which did sadden me because I watched her documentary a few weeks ago and thought it sad that someone so beautiful was dying like that. Not that ugly people dying isn't sad, but you get my drift here. Then I'm at my youngest son's baseball game in frigging 100+ degrees and I overheard a woman say that Michael Jackson died and at that point I thought that heat exhaustion was kicking in, but noooooo.....the King of Pop....gone.....for good. I was sad about that too. When I say sad, I mean that there was a moment of reflection and remebrance for these folks. There was not tears, hysterics, statements like: "it feels like I lost a member of my family (sob)", or "I can't believe it, I keep hoping it's not true" (in sobby, hysterical voice). What the fuck is wrong with these people? How do they react if an actual member of their family dies or someone they know - or are acquainted with - or even met? I'm actually a little scared of these folks and their over-the-top emotional state.

Speaking of Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett dying on the same day: isn't it just like Michael Jackson to fuck up Farah's death day? All of the sudden, Farah dying is on the back burner, and it's all about Michael. She should have at least had her own day for everyone to be sad just about her. If when I die, some really famous icon has the audacity to die on the same day thereby fucking up my "day" for everyone to be sad about "me", I am going to be really pissed.


During Highschool, my goal was to have hair like Farah Fawcett. The fact that I was a brunette with naturally curly hair did not deter me......unfortunately.....as you could tell from my senoir picture if I was stupid enough to include...which I'm not.

3 comments:

  1. So true. All we heard on the radio on Friday was 'in other news...Farah Fawcett has died'...she does indeed deserve her own day. Rip Farah and in other news, Rip Michael x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that at first, but given who Farrah was, it may be better that Michael died on the same day. That'll keep the media away from Farrah's family, which is never a bad thing. Gives them more privacy than they'd have had otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt bad for Farrah, too, but Chris does make a good point. Those Jackson freaks are used to all the attention. Who else would attend an award show 2 days after a family member dies?

    Thank for the follow. BTW, your eye is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete