Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The princess and the pelvis


It's been awhile since I have written to myself. I got to play with Amelia last week while George and Nikki were in Portland. It was exhausting and amazing. There is a reason that the reproductive years happen earlier in life - but she was so unbelievably cute and funny. I believe her to be a baby genious. Unfortunately, on her last day with me, Mom broke her pelvis. She has been hospitalized since Wednesday and is scheduled to come home today. I am honestly torn at this point. I moved in with Mom hoping that I could get her motivated to get a little healthier and to help her enjoy the time she has left. Instead, she is broken again and I am faced with the role of care-taker. I can only hope that both of us rally to the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment