Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Be careful where you golf

Big goings-on tonight. Family and friends will be gathering at the house for cocktails and appetizers before embarking on a super secret mission to the golf course. In order to prepare for this shindig, we will be attempting to transfer the contents of this:



into approximately 9 or 10 of these:


Confused? Allow me to explain. We are pouring my mother's ashes into empty beer cans (the tops have been removed). Next, we will belly up to the bar (kitchen counter) for booze and appetizers. When dark is upon us we will don irish sweatshirts from Mom's large collection and make our way out to the golf course to spread her ashes just off of number #1 green per my mother's instructions. Why #1? Because that is the hole that always kicked her ass and apparently this is her revenge. For those of you that are thinking "my, that doesn't seem like a very dignified or solemn way to spread a loved one's ashes" you haven't been following along, have you? Wish us luck and pray for no wind.

(it has been storming here all morning, with severe thunderstorms rolling in this evening....yeah)

9 comments:

  1. NICE! Only wish we could all be with you guys! Well, we will have to plan a golf outing and share in the "memorial" honoring our last living Patriarch!
    Donny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope your mum forever jinx's those who play that hole. Good for you sweet - I hope the 'memorial' is special x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's perfect.
    I love it. Your mom must have been a hoot! Have fun with your adventure!

    Sounds completely dignified to me!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...and for the record, I'd like my ashes to be spread on the water at 17 with all my golf balls.
    That water has cost me enough over the years it's like I already bought my burial plot!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be awesome!!! ashy, green, shenanagans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brother Don meant Matriarch. Patriarch is a man. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you honoring your mother's wish. That's fabulous! Hope the rain held out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother was a character, wasn't she? I think this is a delightful idea.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm visiting for the first time and I think it's fantastic that you're honoring your mom's wish. I love the whole reason behind it as well. She must've been quite a lady.

    ReplyDelete