Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How do some people manage to stay employed?

So the phone rings today, and it is Jennifer from American Network asking to speak to Michael Carlin, our news director. There are multiple problems with this request. Michael has been gone for a year.....1 year...and Eric took his place. Jennifer calls at least twice a week and has, for the past year, continued to ask to speak to Michael. She also insists on calling at around noon, while we are on the air doing the news. I have kindly explained to Jennifer that Michael is no longer here about 100 times (give or take). I take this call as an opportunity to advise young Jennifer on the art of updating her records.

Me: Jennifer, do you have a computer?

Jennifer: yes.....why?

Me: Well, I need you to do something for me. I need you to update your records to show that Michael is no longer your contact. Take Michael's name off and replace it with Eric.

Jennifer: What is Eric's title?

Me: (are you friggin kidding me Jen?)...sigh....that would be News Director.

Jennifer: my record show Michael Carlin as the news director.



Tick....tick.....tick......Jennifer, I am terrified of you.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. This is why I let all marketing people talk only to my voicemail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHH! People like that I want to reach through the phone, take their receiver and smack them on the nose with it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Ms Blogger - yes, unfortunately, they can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've so had days like that.

    Here's the proof.

    Oh and I'm stalking you now :).

    ReplyDelete