Monday, August 3, 2009

Our New Bundle of Joy

Our family expanded by one this weekend. Her name is Bridie and she is 75 pounds of fun. Bad Twin talked me into to taking her and we met in Minnesota to take official custody. I was told that she was a very sweet, 4 year old Black Lab. Imagine my surprise when Bad Twin drove in with this:

What's that you say? This isn't a Black Lab? I brought this very thing up to my sister, whereupon she says she thought she told me that it was a yellow lab. Huh....One of us has killed a few brain cells too many. Anyway, Bridie is sweet and I think we love her. On the way back to Iowa, she kept putting her huge paw on my arm as if to say, "thank you for opening your home and heart to me". In actuality, she was probably thinking "bitch, turn this car around right now and take me back to my people or I will cut you". I'm sure she will learn to love us.
We had another killer storm last night, and when I woke up I had the 10 year old and the 75 pounder in my bed. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. OH! She is SO sweet! Look at that face!

    I had a black lab (really. The fur was black..not yellow) and he had that same expression of joy no matter what.
    Happy? (big grin)
    Sad? (big grin)
    Playful? (big grin)
    Hungry? (big grin)
    Suicidal? (big grin)

    But don't let the size fool you. They will never be "grown'...they have perpetual puppy brain.

    Just don't go see the movie 'Marley'...
    Have fun with the new puppy!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! Keep us posted on your new family member. Woof from Bernie!

    ReplyDelete